找回密码
 加入科信
查看: 716|回复: 0

lacoste watches-Vogue writer fiction dishes from hands-on

[复制链接]
kelin68278 发表于 2013-8-2 18:24:55 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Vogue writer fiction dishes from hands-on,lacoste watches
The 36yearold has a keen eye for detail and has turned it from fashion to the foibles of the rich, if it's not famous.
In her first bestseller, The fantastic, sci fi "-ish "Bergdorf Blondes, Sykes archly and comically described the life styles of Park Avenue princesses on the prowl for wealthy husbands. In her informative novel, "some sort of Debutante Divorcee, Readers are travelling to a new type of single girl: ladies who've shed their wedding rings and treat it as a cause for celebration.
funding fashion, Society and Hollywood for Vogue has given Sykes a good amount of material for her books; As every writer knows, there's lots of anecdotes and observations elicited during interviews that, in regards time to write the story, Just tend fit.
Pencilthin and weeks pregnant, Sykes, Clad in blue denim jeans, A cropped cream jacket and a coral necklace, Took time on a recent book tour stop in san francisco to chat over a proper pot of Earl Grey tea at the Four Seasons Hotel about Truman Capote, Ice polo and trend icons.
q: At vogue, You're already familiar with fashion and highsociety circles. How long had you been understanding before writing "Bergdorf Blondes,lacoste canada, And what led you to put in writing it?
a good: it was pretty five years, And it turned out building. I kept finding society girls for the magazine, As street fashion icons, And their routines were really funny and glamorous the boyfriends, Their professional jets. But I couldn't put all that with the stories. So I left for (Vogue editor) Anna Wintour and remarked it. I started hints for a column called Fashion Fiction. Over two five to ten years, I utilized the voice of the dumb clever blonde, and even the clever dumb blonde. I wrote the column in the voice of two society girls who emailed each other. They had a new attraction each month. It had to be a real obsession, But unusual. One passion was having a French accent. It's chic to have a French accent if you were brought up in Connecticut. It had to be real or it wouldn't be funny.
queen: It's amusing for outsiders to peek into the lives of the very wealthy, But ladies sort of sad shallowness to this lifestyle, As described in the book. quantity of of it is real and the sum is fiction?
a particular: It's over-time to say. guarantees, i don't know what was made up. In the novel, there is a polo match in Moscow. I along to Moscow for an ice polo match once. this is garish and awful, how they treat women there. Out of your, I realized deal comedic value. Ice polo in the snow it's dumb. The snow just about all mush,lacoste store, in a nutshell. But I'm always inspired by reality. It's as opposed to being a fashion critic or a social critic. It's the only magazine that writes about his or her staff. I think they wrote about me because I had an amazing stunning wedding dress. If I'd gone off and had a slip dress and wedded in Bali, I don't even think they'd have had a spread. it about Truman Capote is that he was very vicious to his subjects. In new york, the women come up to me and say, "Am I a 'Bergdorf gothic?' " People like thinking they're an creativity to you. And it's in contrast to I'm writing something bitchy and cruel. ultimately, it fun. far from judgmental,
q: Fashion is about wish. People will read your book as a guilty pleasure to live vicariously with characters. marriage ceremony spread was something readers would have seen and envied. Whom do you really envy?
any kind of a: "i'm not an envious person. I couldn't do what I do if I were an envious person. My personality is, 'Oh, How beneficial to them, they have got a private jet, And how great for me that I can try to think of them.' Although every once in awhile I envy Uma Thurman for having great skin. I don't envy article content things,
q: Your list of the top three most designer women?
per: "MarieAntoinette for her tragic chic. Chessy Rayner inside the 1960s, A famous socialite and interior designer who was Jackie O,lacoste shoes, nevertheless with looser style. along with Kate Moss. She always looks brilliant,
相关的主题文章:

lacoste sale-Best hairstylist in New York

lacoste canada store-AoD improved Review
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 加入科信

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|科信联众网

GMT+8, 2024-5-14 09:02 , Processed in 0.156250 second(s), 26 queries .